Many thanks to forestwoodfolkart for the lovely nomination. I’ll be honest I’ve tried to avoid accepting and responding to nominations because of the time they take. But I promised forestwoodfolkart that I’ll do this one for her. Thanks once again for taking interest in my blog. Much appreciated.
Recipients of the Liebster Award must:
List 11 Random Facts about you
Answer the questions that were asked of you (By the blogger that nominated you)
Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and Link to their Blogs
Notify the bloggers of their award.
Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award
11 Random Facts about Me
1. I come from a big family, I have 12 siblings
2. I’m not big on talking and really enjoy my own company
3. I like the Finnish culture in that sense, they get it that silence is fun
4. Outdoor activities I enjoy amongst others are hiking, canoeing, fishing, snow shoeing and snowmobile rides
5.I am list “freak”, I’ve got a whole lot of to-do lists going all the time:)
6. I would love to go on a dance holiday trip around the world
7. I “battle” with a 3Cs addiction – chocolate, cheese and champers:)
8. I’m at an age where I should start thinking about retirement but instead I’m back to student life – talk about not wanting to grow old.
9. I absolutely detest prejudice, corruption and people who hide behind culture to justify their misbehaviour
10. I have a fear of frogs but totally enjoy cuisses de grenouille – talk about contradiction
11. Like most girls, I love shoes
Questions by forestwoodfolkart as follows:
1. Where is your favourite Holiday destination? Knysna, South Africa
2. How much time do you spend on technology? All the time
3. If you had your time over again, what would you do differently? I would have listened to my uncle who suggested in my teenage years that I take up teaching as a career, because that’s what I enjoy most nowadays
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Exactly where I am – Finland
5. What is your favourite book? Too many to mention
6.Give five words that others might use to describe you? compassionate, reliable, loving, sensitive and a non-conformist
7. How do you relax? Read, read and read
8. What is your greatest contribution to the planet so far? Good question, I’ve yet to findout
9. Best experience from childhood/School years? Growing up in the countryside, playing and running bare foot on open fields with no care in the world
10. What general piece of advice would you give to the youth of today? Education is key
11. Do you speak another language beside your native tongue? Yes, 7 other languages
Well there you have it folks, that’s me in a nutshell. I’m breaking the last rule by not nominating anyone but please do to join in (if you have time) and give random facts about yourself.